About Kristal Miller
I am a Child Behaviour Specialist, certified through The Early Years. I believe that everyone has the capability to be a good parent, given the right tools and support. I’ve been working with parents since 2013; I’m a Certified Parent Coach® through Parent Coach International. Learning about parenting and helping others to love the parenting journey is my biggest passion. I am far from a perfect parent, but every day I strive to be a good one.
My approach during consults is to give you practical tools, and come up with creative ways to tackle your parenting challenges. I also weave in parenting concepts that I feel apply to your situation; and help you identify your parenting strengths and how you can apply them to everyday life. Besides this, together we will practice the developmentally-appropriate words and tools to use that will reach your child.
Parenting doesn’t have to be complicated, but it does require some finesse to be a good one, and stay sane in the process!
Your Current Parenting Struggles
Are you wondering about how to handle:
- …Potty readiness for your little one?
- …Temper tantrums when you tell your child “no”
- …Picky eating at mealtimes
- …Sibling rivalry or adjusting to a new baby
- …Using time-outs / time-ins effectively
- …Whining & your “Chatterbox” child
- …Disorganized morning routines
- …Separation anxiety or adjusting to a new daycare / school
…Or are you seeking:
- General Parenting Coaching or Support
- Advice on how to be more connected to your child / children
- Advice on how to stop yelling & be more calm while parenting
- How to gain more time and stop the “parenting dance” you find yourself doing
What does a Child Behaviour Consult involve?
- We have a 1-hour call (Facetime, phone, or Whatsapp video) during which we discuss the two or three top behaviour struggles you are having
- I give you the practical tools and words to use to start seeing positive results and improvements right away
- You receive a customized recap within 48 hours, which details concepts and actions discussed during your call
- Keep in touch via email with positive progress you are making & any questions you have
- NOTE: Your child should not be present during this call
- I am on Central Time; consults are available during the day, evenings & weekends
How do I book?
- Click on the Paypal link below to pay for the consult ($125USD)
- For a 1-hour session, choose a quantity of 1
- For a 2-hour session or two 1-hour sessions, choose a quantity of 2
- You will be contacted via email within a few hours of the purchase to arrange a consult time that suits us both
- You will then be sent the intake questionnaire where you can detail the top 2-3 concerns you have (we can cover this many in 1 hour)
- Return the questionnaire answers a few days prior to the consult
My parenting philosophy
My philosophy and tools/methods draw from several influences. My favourite parenting authors are Barbara Coloroso, Becky Bailey, & Daniel Siegel. I believe that with the right positive discipline tools, parents can strike a balance to keep everyone thriving. We can offer our children chances to be independent, contribute to the family, while providing loving boundaries.